Friday, January 29, 2010

A New Look!

As someone who design and creates items for mostly others, I often don't have much time left over for personal projects. It's sort of like the plumber with the leaky faucet or the contractor that needs a new roof. Our family owned a hardware store and lumberyard when I was growing up and we always had needed repairs around our house. It was never a question of having a capable hand or the right materials....just the time!

Time is a precious commodity in all of our lives, so after having this fabric for over a year, I was glad to finally hang these curtains in my family room.

Now, if I can just find the time to finish the coordinating pillows for the sofa....



About 16" from the bottom, I added some red ribbon....accessorizing the curtains is always fun :-).


I like having a little "ruffle" at the top!

3 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Those are some great curtains! Aaron was just mentioning that I need to change our kitchen ones. I made them out of sheets about 7 years ago so I think it IS time : )

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

really beautiful..

quick question..
do you line them with any other fabric? I need to make the boys some curtains..you know the window above my garage!!!

Lizzie M. said...

G-Yes, I lined them with muslin. I wanted some aqua colored fabric and couldn't find the right shade, so I just dyed some muslin.

For the new ktichen curtains I made, I just bought the heavy white lining at Joann's-it was on sale for 1.99 a yd and super easy to work with!