Thursday, February 11, 2010

Some bright ruffles!

Here is a dress I made last year for Easter. All I could think about were ruffles and gathers, I wanted layers of ruffles....and with the help of my Grams, we made it happen. She is always so encouraging for me to "step out of the boat" and take risks in my sewing. Sometimes just getting the courage to make that first cut on a beautiful piece of fabric takes confidence (and not just your own!) in the vision! Thanks for being in my corner Grams, that side zipper was an adventure!!






4 comments:

Deborah Hays said...

So, so cute!!!! Good job! Love, mom

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Is this your own flat pattern design?
Awesome!

Lizzie M. said...

Thanks G! With the exception of the front bodice, the rest was my own design.

TheFitnessFreak said...

That is SO cute!!