Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mom's bag, Mother's Day!

For Mother's Day, I decided to make my mom another bag out of some fabric we picked out together a few years ago. Yes, I have fabric in my sewing room from a few years ago....just a little....

It was exciting adding some new details and the fabric was great to work with. The wool-felt flowers, as always, are one of my favorite things to create!


Here is the front of the bag:



And the back:


A magnetic-snap closure on the front:


The wool-felt flower on the front pocket:


The wool-felt flowers on the back, the fabric was so inspiring!:



Happy Mother's Day mom, thanks for passing on your love of sewing and teaching me how to sew! I love you!!!

4 comments:

Deborah Hays said...

I love you right back and I love the bag!!! You are so creative Elizabeth! Don't tell anyone... but I bet I have way more fabric than you have and it dates way back more than just a couple of years... YIKES!

Jennifer Brown said...

Your creative juices are flowing, girl! This is gorgeous!

Lindsey said...

You are so talented! Another reason we need to live closer...your creativity could rub off on me! :)That bag is beautiful!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Very, very cute! Love the colors!!